Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to Reality

So I got back to Maryland yesterday morning and things sure do move fast around here. Just in the airport alone were more people I have seen all summer. I have spent my summer in a small town with no stop lights, one road, where mph don't go over 30, everyone waves while passing, where you don't even notice the bold eagles flying over head, the deer or bears because they are so common to come across. Waking up on the Mt. to the sound of wolves howling or the sound of rain on the tent. I have been thrown back into reality at 100 mph. Traffic, stress, people on the go and I am now realizing how lucky and stress free my summer was. School starts Tuesday so I am moving into college park tomorrow. I have nothing packed or even looked at my class schedule yet. So many people to call and catch up with now that I have cell phone service again.

Overall, I had an amazing summer and can't even begin to describe how I feel about Petersburg, Alaska or working on trails. I have found another thing I love to do and can't wait to go back next summer. The count down has begun to my next adventure.

Thanks to all the people who have kept in touch this summer and supports my crazy adventurist life.


My favorit Pic of the summer:

No comments: