Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am going to have a long weekend

Today we loaded up pieces of wood planks and bundled them up so the helicopter could take them over. Each one was about 100 pounds, tomorrow we are going across to the other island to learn trail construction and untie the bundles. Today was a short day because of bunk checks and random crap we had to do from the office. So we got done around 1 and 5 of us decided to go on a hike at the top of this mountain their is a forest service cabin that only forest service people can stay at and its like $35 for a large room so we might hike up this weekend spend the night then hike down in the morning. It was a tough hike and it got really hard at the top because of the snow and it made each step so exhausting. We did not make it to the top but i think if we take more breaks next time and hydrate we could do it. It's really weird hiking and working in rubber boats all the time but I could not imagine being with out them since I am sure my feet would be soaked. Pic's tomorrow since this computer is not letting me do it and I only get 30 mins on the library Internet. I also signed up for the Salmon derby to be a volunteer , I hoping to get free fish out of it

1 comment: