Thursday, July 31, 2008

The crew is getting smaller

So this was our last hitch with the whole crew. Josh leaves during the middle of the next hitch and then around Aug 15th a bunch more people leave. The log deck is clearing up finally. We have four more logs to place. The three are right next to the sills and one needs to be trenched. We are just waiting to get the rock machine since the cabin crew borrowed it and we can't do anything until we break up the rocks. That should take us pretty much all of next hitch to finish. The saw is pretty fun to use and I have been cutting notches into the logs. The bugs are not bad at all anymore and I think I might finally be getting use to the mice. My hands got broken in this hitch and are really sore, cut and callus. I cut my self pretty good with a gerber hand saw. I should had remembered the motto " Always saw toward your buddy."
As for school, I am coming back to finish up and I will just come back here as often as I can. Brent and Gene are going out of town and is letting Oso use their boat so it looks like we will go out on the water tomorrow. I guess thats it for now until I think of more exciting things.

No comments: