Saturday, June 13, 2009

Petersburg America

Tried to connect to the wireless to upload some photos but did not work so maybe next weekend I will try. I will be off to Petersburg Lake Monday-Friday camping out. We are flying over by float plane and I will be learning how to use a cross cut saw since its a wilderness area. Swan lake was awesome and the helicopter ride was bad ass. 5 feet of snow and the lake was still frozen we had to shovel our way to the cabin door. This past week has been training at the office so pretty uneventful. Tonight at sandy Beach is the sesonal Forest service picnic which I will be going to get free food and beer yummy. Also I found out ontop of what I am getting paid I also get Cost of living which is another 20% so hopefully I will be able to save some money this summer. But we also have a lot of pro deals this summer so I can see myself buying a lot of gear. Smartwool, snow peak and MSR for now but we are trying to get a sleeping bag and backpack company as well.

during one of the trianings the lady ment to say petersburg Alaska but said Petersburg America and for some reason Cara and I found it so funny I have to get up and go get myself together because I was laughing so hard, so now thats the new joke

Alright well I will hopefully talk to everyone soon I guess tomorrow
or next weekend would be the only time, but I will keep you guys updated and hopefully get osme pics up soon

No comments: